Sunday, January 8, 2012

Hikes, roadblocks, & social events

Ya know...you get all excited because the weight is just falling off...which is what it's supposed to do. Then you start eating real food...like real food! Whatever you want food...just 4 oz at a time. Well, just as in "real life" sometimes the eyes are bigger than the stomach...and sometimes the not healthiest choices are what you want to eat. I knew going into this that if you continue to make bad choices, whether you can take in 4 oz or 40 oz you're not going to lose weight. I've hit that hump that I knew I would. It's frustrating. It's discouraging. It sucks. It will get better, I know. And I can hear sweet little Meagan the nutritionist saying, "if the scale isn't moving, your waistline is." However, in a society that is scale driven, roadblocks make it hard. There is a slight chance that hormones are effecting the tone of this blog...but this too is a part of life (and perhaps a side effect of the scale being stubborn). Big sigh.

On an upnote...I went to the Ft Worth Nature Center again today and took a lovely 3.15 mile hike with friends. We walked for an hour and 40 minutes. Don't get me wrong, I felt it, but I really didn't feel it until it was over. It was nice. I thoroughly enjoyed it. We saw little groundhogs and a bunny rabbit and lots of animal tracks (and poop). I think I'm going to hit the trails at Bear Creek this week to see what they're like. It's definitely more fun to be out in the woods than on the sidewalk. I'm also looking into water aerobics and a personal trainer. I know that movement will help with the hurdles (see paragraph above) and will ultimately lead to my feeling better...right??

So, I went to a social event on Thursday and saw a lot of people I haven't seen in a long long time! One friend said to me, "Callaway, you've got to get some clothes that fit!"...and I thought I WAS wearing clothes that fit. Ugh. It's a good problem to have, but let me tell you, I should have started a clothing fund months ago! Im half tempted to put one of those PayPal buttons on this page to accept donations to the cause! In the meantime, I'm cinching my britches and wearing shirts that are just probably too big. It's just going to have to be ok. Well, unless of course you'd like to donate! (ha...totally kidding.)

3 comments:

  1. Woman you are inspirational. I am plodding along on my own little battle with weight and health issues but you keep inspiring me to keep going:) The scales will get better.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so happy for you!! You should put one of those paypal things on your blog. I have another blog I follow, that has that option or just the option of paying with a credit/debit card. I would donate to her except that I don't have a paypal account, and I'm not sure how it works if I pay with my card. I mean, I don't want anyone having our number, you know?

    I know it's hard to make the right choices all the time, but you are doing such a wonderful job!! I wish I had people to go hiking with!! Karen has no energy for all of that... I guess that's an MS thing. She does play tennis, but I have no coordination, and so that's not an activity we can do together.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks ladies! I'd totally play tennis if you girls weren't so far away! I love tennis! The hike was really nice. I love the Ft. Worth Nature Center! Very neat place!

    ReplyDelete