Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Three Miles & Clothes!

So, isn't that a movie?  Oh wait...that's 8 miles. Well..still 3 miles is exciting!  The last time I walked 3 miles in a row was in college...probably 1992...when I took a Jogging class! That was our final exam to walk/run 3 miles! That was a long long long time ago!  Today, I had no desire or motivation to do anything. I didn't want to walk...or play Wii dance...nothing. I was just feeling sluggish.  But, with a little encouragement from friends, I powered through! I'm pretty sure there will be a lot of days like these in my future...and hopefully with continued support I can push through!  I tell ya, walking and music and A.D.D. are a good combination! I just keep walking and walking and I listen to the music...and my mind races! It certainly keeps things interesting! Here is the screen shot from the app I use to check my mileage! Please keep in mind that I'm in absolutely no hurry when I walk. I walk because I need to and because I can.  I figure at some point that I'll get bored with my little walks and I'll put some time and distance parameters on it...one day...eventually...but not today.

Clothes...I guess I knew that my clothes would eventually be too big, but I don't think I thought it would happen this quickly!  I try on about 5 outfits (which again, I haven't done since college) and leave the house in clothes that look like a clown outfit because they're so big! I only have a handful of not clown big clothes! So, thanks to the advice from my friend Cheryl, I have found a couple of Plus Size resale shops! I'm hoping that I can sell some of my clothes and get some credit for some new clothes!  It's exciting to be excited about clothes...because I certainly haven't in years and years!  It's a good feeling. A really good feeling. 

1 comment:

  1. Wooohooo, so proud of you!!! You looked great the other day, and it will just continue to fall off. I'm so happy you're developing good habits, like walking, and doing othr activities that keep you hopping. That and eating right, are so very important. Keep it up and I'll see you ummm... I don't know when. I'll have to go look at the date again. LOL

    ReplyDelete