Monday, November 21, 2011

5 Days

I finally slept through the night last night! I'm gonna say that it's because my sweet friend Jessica came and stayed with me! :o)  I'm sure she didn't sleep a wink...but I sure slept good!

Things are continuing to go well! I'm walking 3-4 times a day for at least 15 minutes each time.  This just kind of helps keep things moving and situating to their new spaces inside once the swelling goes down and of course it's just good for me! It's a little chilly outside, but I enjoy the walks...especially when Mom or Dad goes with me.  I'm anxious for Neighbor Bette to get home so that we can walk some...and of course her dog Robbie.  Walking always makes much more sense if you have a dog with you.  I saw on someones FB the other day a cat leash.  I am not opposed to harnessing up Grey Kitty and giving that a try if I could just find the leash!

I just feel like I need to say that I feel so very blessed that this has all gone so well.  It hasn't even been a week and I really could go back to work. Don't get me wrong, I'm glad I have this week off, but I think I'm going to be ready to get back.  This was pretty major surgery...even though it was laproscopic...and I'm in shock at how good I feel.  All the prayers and well wishes are felt for sure!

I'm still waiting for my pants to fall off as I walk across the room. My psyche is going to need that to happen soon, please and thank you!  I know it takes time...and the last 5 days my body has been just trying to get rid of the 20 lbs of gas they pumped inside me and the fluid build up...but come on! I only have a half a stomach...surely it's going to start dropping soon, right!?!?!  Patience, again, is not one of my strong suits.  I can be patient for other people...and encourage others to take their time and be patient...but when it comes to me, I'm an instant gratification kind of girl.  I know it's going to happen.  I also know that it's not going to help at all if I cross my arms and stomp my foot! So, I guess I'll just let nature run it's course...as intended. Big sigh.

1 comment:

  1. Enjoy the walking and think about just how wonderful it all is :) What an amazing journey it is you are on now :) The brand new you is emerging like a butterfly :)

    ReplyDelete