Saturday, November 5, 2011

Today...The 3-Day Walk

So, today...to distract me and give me something positive to do, I headed to Dallas to a cheer station for my friends walking the Breast Cancer 3 Day Walk. Folks...if you haven't done this, do it! This is such an amazing experience...as a spectator! I can't imagine what it must be like for the participants! The stories we heard just standing there...absolutely gut wrenching and inspiring and absolutely exceptional.  I watched these women walk and I thought to myself....I'm bitching about only getting 1 "meal" a day? Seriously?  How selfish of me. I am about to embark on a journey that, while necessary, is elective.  I realize that long term it might be a different situation, and the choice will not be mine to make, but today...November 16th... it's elective.  So, tonight I'm grateful for the choice.  I'm grateful for the friends and family who support me.  I'm grateful for the hundreds and hundreds of women and men who walked this weekend so that many of us won't have to make a choice some day.

No comments:

Post a Comment